Initially Linux Mint was based on Ubuntu, subsequently the number of its variations began to grow and there was a build based on Debian. By default, each of the assemblies to use one of the popular graphical environments Cinnamon, Mate, KDE, Xfce and others. Since the build of Linux Mint mainly differ from Ubuntu only, a composition included in the distribution package, we will work with Ubuntu obvious, that is admitted by the developers themselves. The goal of distribution is to provide the end user with the most simple system which is ready for operation immediately after installation and will not require to download the most popular software, including additional codecs to play popular multimedia formats. Otherwise Linux Mint is all the same Ubuntu, which brings a new original interface predominantly in shades of green and a small number of its own apps (mintInstall, mintUpdate, mintMenu, etc.) designed to make life easier for those who are new to Linux. It is often jokingly give him the definition of "Linux Mint is Ubuntu, only better". Motto distribution "from freedom came elegance".
Some of the reasons for the success of Linux Mint are:
- It works out of the box, with full multimedia support and is extremely easy to use.
- It's both free of cost and open source.
- It's community-driven. Users are encouraged to send feedback to the project so that their ideas can be used to improve Linux Mint.
- Based on Debian and Ubuntu, it provides about 30,000 packages and one of the best software managers.
- It's safe and reliable. Thanks to a conservative approach to software updates, a unique Update Manager and the robustness of its Linux architecture, Linux Mint requires very little maintenance (no regressions, no antivirus, no anti-spyware...etc).
On our website You will learn where to download Linux Mint, how to install Linux Mint OS on your computer. You can easily make a bootable linux mint USB live stick and how to install linux mint from usb. Easy install software, which tested and working on Linux Mint 18 and older.