install latest Rhythmbox - impressive audio player on Linux MintSection: Audio | Actuality: Unspecified
Rhythmbox is a very easy-to-use program for playing and managing music, which supports a large number of audio file formats (including mp3 and ogg).
The program was originally inspired by iTunes from Apple, and the current version also supports playback of Internet radio, integration with iPod and other portable media players, record Audio CDS, the playback of such discs, music sharing and listening and working with podcasts.
Rhythmbox uses metaframework GStreamer to actually play music and other functionality, so Rhythmbox plays exactly the formats supported by GStreamer. On the other hand, GStreamer uses a plugin system, where support for each format is a special plugin. Therefore, the number of formats supported by GStreamer (and, hence, Rhythmbox), depends on what plugins you have installed.
the main features of this application:
- Easy to use, intuitive music player
- Searching and sorting Linux collection
- Support for multiple audio formats via GStreamer
- Support for listening to Internet radio, including threads with last.fm
- Automatic and custom playlists
- The display of the visualization audio
- Send music from your iPod, MTP, and other portable music players
- Display album art and lyrics, which is loaded from the network
- Listen, copy and burn audio CD
- Automatic downloading of audio podcasts
- Search, preview and download albums
- Easily add features and expand functionality with plug-ins
Installation into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
You can extend functionality of the player Rhythmbox using third-party plug-ins, which is released under the GPL and is available from the repository fossfredom.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox-plugins sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rhythmbox-plugin-complete