Cantata - free player for music and radio on Linux MintAudio
Cantata client console MPD music player written in Qt. Has good features, nice interface, easy operation, integrated with the desktop environment.
The client is able to play music locally, but is also able to broadcast it to the network.
In fact Cantata add-on ffmpeg and supports all the files libavcodec (Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, OggFLAC, MP2, MP3, MP4/AAC, MOD, Musepack, APE and WAV).
- Several MPD collections.
- Well a custom appearance.
- Songs grouped by album in the play queue.
- The context view to display artist, album, and song information of the current track.
- A simple tag editor.
- File Manager - uses tags to organize files and folders.
- The possibility of calculating ReplyGain.
- Dynamic playlists.
- Online services; Jamendo, Magnatune, SoundCloud and podcasts.
- Radio stream support - ability to search for threads via TuneIn and ShoutCast.
- USB Mass Storage and MTP support devices.
- Audio CD ripping and playback.
- Playing with simple built-in HTTP server.
- Interface MPRISv2 DBUS.
- KDE support global combinations (KDE), GNOME Multimedia keys, and General Multimedia keys (through support Qxt)
- Basic support for touch of style.
- The scrobbling.
In Cantata integrated so much music that it would take a lot of time to listen. Supports ShoutCast (similarly as it was done in winamp), i.e. in the section pop - 17200 radio stations, electronic 4500, rock - 2800. Of course, some stations may not be available, but the choice is extensive.
Next are the so-called “online services” - Jamendo, Magnatune and SoundCloud. Them available both performer and search by artist. SoundCloud wonderful service. The best analogy for it would be “YouTube for audio".
In addition to strong online component, not less impressions and organization of the local library. There is a view by artist, album, folder, quick organize your playlists, you can group and online resources and local files.
Appearance is configured by grouping tabs in various combinations and positions (right, left, bottom). Clicking on the i button displays information about the performer (data downloaded from the network). Background of the playlist can serve as the album cover or your image.
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata sudo apt update sudo apt install mpd cantata
For other environments
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntuhandbook1/cantata-qt sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install mpd cantata
Edited by: Shekin - 26-03-2017, 23:06