Nightingale - convenient multi-function music playerAudio
Nightingale has a nice interface, and supports different audio formats (MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WMA). You can also extend the functionality of the player using the Supplement.
Nightingale is a powerful tool to import files from the local disk or from the network, have the ability to search and sort the audio files by sections (authors, genres, etc.). It also supports dynamic playlists (have the ability to subscribe to MP3 blogs as playlists, play queue, there is a mode of playback without pauses, has an equalizer, metadata editor (tags) and support directory synchronization (tracking changes). Media files located on pages viewed in a web browser appear as playable files (in the navigation bar), it is possible to download MP3 files.
There is a possibility to check for and install updates automatically. With the help of extensions you can add integration with web services, listening to live streaming, backup settings, the icon in the notification area (system tray) and more...
The player supports extensions and skins. As Firefox/Iceweasel, it's built on a cross platform open Mozilla framework. Users can add features and extend the functionality of the music player Nightingale, installing the extension (add-on).
Skins allow users and artists to completely change the appearance of the audio player interface Nightingale. Using CSS markup (and XUL, if you want) and application for managing images (such as Photoshop or GIMP), users can get Nightingale to look the way they want.
- Plugins compatible with Songbird (with one modification to the addon)
- Multi-platform compatibility with Windows XP, Vista, 7, Linux and Mac OS X v10.5 (x86, x86-64).
- Ability to play multiple audio formats, such as MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WMA
- Ability to play Apple FairPlay-encoded audio on Windows and Mac platforms via hooks into QuickTime (authorization takes place in iTunes)
- Ability to play Windows Media DRM audio on Windows platforms
- Media files stored on pages viewed in the browser show up as playable files in Nightingale
- MP3 file download
- Ability to subscribe to MP3 blogs as playlists
- Ability to build custom mixes
- Ability to scan the user's computer for all audio files and add them to a local library
- A configurable and collapsible graphical user interface similar to iTunes, and mini-player mode
- Keyboard shortcuts and media keyboard support
- Last.fm integration via a plugin, complete with love/hate buttons
- Microsoft MTP compatible device support
- Ability to edit and save metadata tags
- Gapless playback and ReplayGain
- Watch folders
- Media import and export (from and to iTunes)
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nightingaleteam/nightingale-release sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install nightingale
Extensions you can find in this page http://wiki.getnightingale.com/doku.php?id=add-ons
Remove from Linux Mint:
sudo apt-get remove --purge nightingale