DeaDBeeF is a lightweight music player, with a convenient functional interface and support for a wide range of audio formats and metadata.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
Main features (the list is most likely far from complete):
- mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, ape, wv/iso.wv, wav, m4a/mp3 (aac and alac), mpc, tta, cd audio, and many more
- nsf, ay, vtx, vgm/vgz, spc and many other popular chiptune formats
- SID with HVSC song length database support for sid
- tracker modules - mod, s3m, it, xm, etc
- ID3v1, ID3v2.2, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, APEv2, Xing/Info, VorbisComments tag reading and writing, as well as reading many other tag/metadata formats in most supported formats
- automatic character set detection for non-unicode id3 tags - supports cp1251, iso8859-1, and now chinese cp936 (optional), as well as SHIFT-JIS and MS-DOS CP866 for selected formats
- unicode tags are fully supported as well (both utf8 and ucs2)
- cuesheet (.cue files) support, including charset detection/conversion
- clean fast GUI using GTK2 and GTK3, you pick what you like more!
- no GNOME or KDE dependencies
- minimization to system tray, with scrollwheel volume control, etc
- drag and drop, both in playlist, and from other apps
- control playback from command line
- global hotkeys
- multiple playlists using tabbed interface
- album cover display
- OSD notifications about current playing songs
- 18-band graphical equalizer and other DSP plugins
- built-in high quality tag editor, with custom fields support
- customizable groups in playlists
- customizable columns with flexible title formatting
- streaming radio support for ogg vorbis, mp3 and aac streams
- gapless playback for correctly encoded files
- lots of plugin, such as global hotkeys, last.fm scrobbler, converter, and many more, sdk is included
- comes with advanced Converter plugin, which allows to transcode files to other formats
- was tested on x86, x86_64, powerpc, arm, mips architectures, should work on most modern platforms
- new features are being added all the time -- check for updates frequently!
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:starws-box/deadbeef-player sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install deadbeef