Radio Tray - free Internet radio player on Linux MintSection: Audio / Internet | Actuality: Unspecified
Radio Tray - the player streaming online radio designed for listening online radio stations on Linux operating systems.
This small utility lets you listen to radio without downloading other players like Rhythmbox or Amorok, as well as the web browser, thereby saving computer system resources and power consumption laptops.
Main features of Radio Tray:
1. After installing and opening the program its icon resides in the system tray.
2. Does not have its own window. All the settings and playback are performed from the context menu of the icon.
3. Plays most media formats (based on GStreamer libraries).
4. The ability to create your own list of online radio stations.
5. Shows a pop-up notification of the current song at the moment.
6. Control volume with the mouse wheel on the icon (in this case the main sound system settings are not changed).
7. Supported playlists formats: PLS, M3U, ASX, WAX and WVX.
8. Supports plugins and has simple settings.
9. Consumes insignificant amount of system resources.
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
Radio Tray is in the Linux Mint Software Manager where you can install it or run the following command in the terminal:
sudo apt-get install -y radiotray
After displaying the program in the system tray, you can take advantage of streaming online radio from the default list of radio stations.
To add your own list of channels, click on the icon, select Preferences=>Configure radios and in the opened window=>Add