GmusicBrowser - an open-source jukeboxSection: Audio | Actuality: Unspecified
GMusicBrowser - a powerful graphical music player. Music player gmusicbrowser is a powerful graphical user interface (GUI) that use gstreamer, mpg321/ogg123/flac123 or mplayer and is designed specifically to work with very large collections of audio files. Like some other players-cataloguers, such as Amarok, Exaile, and some others, it is based on managing your music library is located on the local disk.
The user interface has GMusicBrowser fully customizable, from full-screen browser to minimalist. In the Settings there and a number of predefined interfaces. GMusicBrowser for a little confusing at first glance, interface and a large number of options and settings, will be of little interest to users prefer a simple shell, but users loving customize every detail, in your application, it provides an excellent opportunity for this.
- made with big (> 10,000 songs) libraries in mind (currently developed with over 25,000 songs)
- customizable window layouts (see layouts documentation)
- artist/album lock : easily restrict playlist to current artist/album
- easy access to songs related to the currently playing songsongs from the same album
- album(s) from the same artist(s)
- songs with same title (other versions, covers, ...)
- support ogg vorbis, mp3 and flac files (and mpc/ape/m4a with gstreamer or mplayer)
- simple mass-tagging and mass-renaming
- tray icon, with a very customizable tip window, which can be used to control the player
- very customizable SongTree widget for a pretty list of songs (example)
- support multiple genres for a song
- support multiple artists for each song by separating them with ', ' or ' & '
- customizable labels can be set for each song (ex : bootleg, live, -'s favorites, ...)
- filters with unlimited nesting of conditions
- customizable weighted random mode (based on rating, last time played, label, ...)
- The possibility to act as a icecast server, to listen to your music remotely (experimental)
- plugin system, included plugins :nowplaying (to update an external program when the playing song changes)
- find pictures
- simple lyrics
- WebContext : use the mozilla/webkit engine to display wikipedia artist page and search lyrics with google
echo "deb http://gmusicbrowser.org/deb ./" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gmusicbrowser.list cd /tmp; wget http://gmusicbrowser.org/squentin.key.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt update sudo apt install gmusicbrowser