GMusicBrowser - a powerful graphical music player. Music player gmusicbrowser is a powerful graphical user interface (GUI) that use gstreamer, mpg321/ogg123/flac123 or mplayer and is designed specifically to work with very large collections of audio files. Like some other players-cataloguers, such as Amarok, Exaile, and some others, it is based on managing your music library is located on the local disk.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
The user interface has GMusicBrowser fully customizable, from full-screen browser to minimalist. In the Settings there and a number of predefined interfaces. GMusicBrowser for a little confusing at first glance, interface and a large number of options and settings, will be of little interest to users prefer a simple shell, but users loving customize every detail, in your application, it provides an excellent opportunity for this.
- made with big (> 10,000 songs) libraries in mind (currently developed with over 25,000 songs)
- customizable window layouts (see layouts documentation)
- artist/album lock : easily restrict playlist to current artist/album
- easy access to songs related to the currently playing songsongs from the same album
- album(s) from the same artist(s)
- songs with same title (other versions, covers, ...)
- support ogg vorbis, mp3 and flac files (and mpc/ape/m4a with gstreamer or mplayer)
- simple mass-tagging and mass-renaming
- tray icon, with a very customizable tip window, which can be used to control the player
- very customizable SongTree widget for a pretty list of songs (example)
- support multiple genres for a song
- support multiple artists for each song by separating them with ', ' or ' & '
- customizable labels can be set for each song (ex : bootleg, live, -'s favorites, ...)
- filters with unlimited nesting of conditions
- customizable weighted random mode (based on rating, last time played, label, ...)
- The possibility to act as a icecast server, to listen to your music remotely (experimental)
- plugin system, included plugins :nowplaying (to update an external program when the playing song changes)
- find pictures
- simple lyrics
- WebContext : use the mozilla/webkit engine to display wikipedia artist page and search lyrics with google
echo "deb http://gmusicbrowser.org/deb ./" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/gmusicbrowser.list cd /tmp; wget http://gmusicbrowser.org/squentin.key.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt update sudo apt install gmusicbrowser