BURG – is a beautiful boot loader based on GRUB. It uses a new object format which allows you to choose from: Linux, Windows, OSX , Solaris, FreeBSD, etc installed on your computer. Has a custom menu that works in both text and graphical mode. In this article I will show you how to install BURG on Linux Mint.
GRUB boot loader is one of the best among the available bootloaders for many years, but it will not last forever, you want something new and you have become boring old boot menu in one tone.Change the boot loader has a great deal of excitement among Linux users as most of the works with the standard taking it as what it is. Burg offers a decent set of themes for the decoration of the boot menu where everyone can find a favorite theme.
Today I offer you to replace it with BURG, the decision is yours.
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
1. Install BURG and themes
2. During the installation of Burg will appear in the window if you don’t know what to answer, just press Enter to the following window.
3. Here you need to click on the Spacebar and then shall appear the asterisk in brackets, as in the picture and again press Enter.
4. After installation, updated the Burg with the following command:
Now after restarting the computer you should see a new boot loader.
Solutions to potential problems:
1. If you are upgrading the BURG you see an error:
In this case, you must copy the locale files from GRUB to BURG:
Then specify which HDD to re-install the boot loader:
2. If you still can’t see when the computer starts the graphic boot loader. In order to fully replace GRUB to BURG suggest the following solution: