There are many such apps, but Variety stands out among them. It can display Wallpapers from local sources or a variety of online resources, allows the user to change the desktop background via the adjustable time intervals, and also makes it easy to separate a great image from irrelevant.
You can enable the startup of the app, change the interval to change your Wallpaper and change the desktop background when the application starts.
Another cool feature of this program is the effects that you can apply to your current background. You can also display wise or funny quotes from a variety of sources, and to display a clock on your desktop. You can customize their appearance.
With the help of this program you can also manually download the Wallpapers from different sources.
Recently released a new version of the application, received the following changes and improvements:
- Added more image sources
- Fixed support for KDE Plasma 5
- User interface improvements
- Removed some unimportant extra files
- Added the source "Bing – photo of the day".
- Fixed publish to Facebook
- Fixes in the support of the desktop environment LXQt
- Improved definition images from MediaRSS-feeds
- Support i3-wm
- Update files with translations of the app into different languages
- Fixed a lot of bugs.
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:peterlevi/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install variety
Also, you can set a beautiful watch on the Desk.
Generally there's a lot of interesting settings. Try it!