Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
From the legendary series that founded the online shooter genre comes the most exciting, energetic, and fast-paced free-to-play shooter on the Internet. Play against players around the world in over 100 arenas, and a dozen game modes, in one of the most competitive shooters online today.
Subscribing to Quake Live will open up access to the Create Match feature, which allows you to play with friends, or the public, on a customized server of your choice. Launch a match from any one of our locations spanning the globe in only a few clicks. You choose the gametype, arena rotation, and over 250 settings to modify to create your own experience. Subscribers also receive exclusive awards, extended stats, and the ability to create and join clans.
Welcome to Quake Live
- Fast, and furious action. Frag or be fragged in the arena.
- Over 100 arenas, including brand new arenas from id Software, and from throughout the Quake community.
- View your match history, and track your stats throughout your Quake Live career.
- Connect and compete with friends and players from around the world.
Over 12 Game Modes
- Free For All - It's every man, woman, and sinister alien being for him/her/itself as the players frag everything that moves to get the most points. Kill or be killed.
- Duel - Players fight each other one-on-one in a 10 minute face-off, while future foes spectate whilst awaiting their turn in battle.
- Team Deathmatch - Two teams of players work to control the arena in a coordinated contest of carnage to score the most frags.
- Clan Arena - Great for new and experienced players alike, players start off with all weapons, and are eliminated once fragged. The last team standing wins the round.
- Capture the Flag - Slip into the other team's home base, grab their flag, and run home to score.
- Domination - Capture and hold command points placed around the map.
- And more! - Including Freeze Tag, Race, One Flag CTF, Harvester, Attack & Defend, Red Rover, Quad Hog, and Infected!
Graphics are generally good, but is outdated by 10 years. However, id Software wanted to keep the graphics like in Quake 3, so much to not complain. But it would be nice to see more modern graphics. The game is very stable, you will be able to run it on a very old computer, and changing graphics settings will allow to achieve high detail. In the game great sound: the roar of explosions, the whistling of rockets flying and the shock wave from the plasma just ledent blood!
Overall, Quake Live is an excellent game. Thanks to the awards, statistics and selection of the enemy is the most accessible and fascinating-tive game in the series. With a large community you will always find the opponent you can win. I care about attracting the attention of hardcore players to Quake Live. They may not like the non-serious approach to the game resulting from its affordability. Most likely, they will once again be playing Quake 3, which still is the most popular game series, and Quake Live will play those who want to play Quake, but not data-addresses to the level of "hardcore".
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:broken/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qllauncher
or you can download the latest QQLauncher deb from HERE.