DraftSight - More than free CAD software for your DWG files. DraftSight lets professional CAD users, students and educators create, edit and view DWG files. DraftSight runs on Windows®, Mac® and Linux.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
DraftSight is proprietary free 2D CAD (computer-aided design systems and automated development) the product is for engineers, architects, designers, students and teachers. The product was developed by Dassault Systemes and allows users to create, edit, and view DWG and DXF files.
DWG files contain binary data for CAD and this format is used by many CAD programs. DWG is the de facto standard in modern design. DXF file format is used to convert CAD files to a universal format that can be read in other CAD programs.
- Full support for DWG/DXF files, read/write
- Saving drawings in the format DWT/DWG/DXF previous versions (requires activation by Email)
- Create a binary or ASCII DXF files
- The introduction of bitmap files (.bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, & .tiff)
- The introduction of links referenced drawings
- Printing drawings in the .plt file format, .jpg, .pdf, .png, & .svg
- Saving to a .wmf formats?, .jpeg, .pdf, .png, .sld, .svg, .tif, & .stl
- The creation of the many-page PDF files
- Publication for eDrawings
- Export file formats : *.bmp, *.emf, *.jpg,*.pdf, *.png, *.sld,*.svg, *.tiff
Installing DraftSight in Linux:
cd /tmp && wget http://www.draftsight.com/download-linux-ubuntu && sudo dpkg -i download-linux-ubuntu
When you first start You will need to accept the License agreement and also to activate the product, specifying your e-mail address