Tixati is a free BitTorrent client for Linux, characterized by providing the user with greater control over the torrent, and at the same time, comparable to a lack of demand for RAM with such clients as µTorrent and deluge.
Tixati is one of the most advanced and flexible BitTorrent clients available. And unlike many other clients, Tixati contains NO SPYWARE, NO ADS, and NO GIMMICKS.
Tixati has the following features:
- detailed views of all aspects of the swarm, including peers, pieces, files, and trackers
- support for magnet links, so no need to download .torrent files if a simple magnet-link is available
- super-efficient peer choking/unchoking algorithms ensure the fastest downloads
- peer connection encryption for added security
- full DHT (Distributed Hash Table) implementation for trackerless torrents, including detailed message traffic graphs and customizable event logging
- advanced bandwidth charting of overall traffic and per-transfer traffic, with separate classification of protocol and file bytes, and with separate classification of outbound traffic for trading and seeding
- highly flexible bandwidth throttling, including trading/seeding proportion adjustment and adjustable priority for individual transfers and peers
- bitfield graphs that show the completeness of all downloaded files, what pieces other peers have available, and the health of the overall swarm
- customizable event logging for each download, and individual event logs for all peers within the swarm
- expert local file management functions which allow you to move files to a different partition even while downloading is still in progress
- 100% compatible with the BitTorrent protocol
- Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
2. Double click on the downloaded DEB package, click install.
Tixati works well with the default settings, but there are a few things every user should do to make sure they are getting the fastest download speeds possible.
The following instructions are provided as a general guide for all users. Because internet connection speeds and latency can vary greatly, you should feel free to experiment with the settings to find what works best for you. Optimizing Tixati.