uGet - one of the best download manager for LinuxSection: Internet | Actuality: Unspecified
uGet - Universal download Manager for Linux Mint and other operating systems that supports the resume file, sorting by groups, downloading via torrents and meta-references (via the aria2 plugin).
In uGet is a simple scheduler that allows you to set the hours and days that the program can download files. This is useful if you have hourly billing traffic, or perhaps you want to run all download night.
The program icon is added to tray. When clicking on it POPs up the secondary menu.
uGet uses very few resources while at the same time packs an unparalleled powerful feature set. These features include a Queue, Pause/Resume, Multi-Connection (with adaptive segment management), Mirrors (multi-source), Multi-Protocol, Advanced Categorization, Clipboard Monitor, Batch Downloads, Individualized Category Default Settings, Speed Limiting, Total Active Downloads Control, and so much more!
- Downloads Queue.
- Resume Downloads.
- Clipboard Monitor.
- FireFox Integration via FlashGot.
- Computer Shutdown After Completion.
- Advanced Download Categories: unlimited categories to manage downloads.
- HTML File Importing: import a list of an unlimited amount of URLs to download from via a .html file.
- TXT File Importing: import a list of an unlimited amount of URLs to download from via a .txt file.
- Speed Limit Control: control the maximum Upload & Download speeds that uGet should utilize per download or per category.
- CLI / Terminal Usage Support: ability to use a command line or terminal to download files.
- Batch Downloads: allows the user to add an unlimited amount of files at one time to the queue for downloading.
- Multi-Protocol: support for downloading files through HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, BitTorrent* & Metalink*
- FTP Login & Anonymous FTP: supports downloading from anonymous FTP as well as login support via Username & Password for private/protected FTP servers.
- Quiet Mode: allows downloads to be added to a specific category automatically and begin downloading automatically.
- Multi-Language Support: uGet supports 20 languages which includes: Arabic, Belarusian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, English (default), French, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Together with the programit is advisable to installthe aria2 plugin
aria2 Plugin Added Features:
- Bittorrent including Magnet Links
- Multiple Connections, up to 16 simultaneous connections
- Mirrors, ability to use multiple sources per download
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:plushuang-tw/uget-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install uget aria2
Don't forget to activate the aria2 plugin.
I should add that I use this program for download direct links. Works great!