Among the many modern FTP clients that work with Linux Mint, you can select FileZilla. This is a free app that combines functionality, ergonomics and lightness. The program interface is simple and convenience, which he owes the wxWidgets library.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
FileZilla pleases the user a large number of tools and options. Here is a partial list of features of this software:
- In addition to FTP, it also supports FTPS and SFTP protocols.
- Multilingual interface (40 languages).
- No strict size limit of files to be transferred — it is possible to work even with files over 4 Gigabytes.
- Built-in site Manager, supporting the transmission queue.
- Drag&Drop — drag and drop files with the mouse.
- Ability to set a limit on download speed.
- Filtering files by name.
- The Adjuster network.
- Available editing posted on the file server.
- Technology Keep-alive (call holding).
- The ability to use proxy servers for different protocols HTTP , SOCKS5 and FTP.
- The recording of information about changes in the log file.
- Synchronization of directory browsing.
- Option file search on the server.
- Now supports multiple tabs simultaneously, allowing you to work in parallel with the desired number of servers.
In one of the latest versions was added a few functions. For example, implemented a new processing date/time, thereby solved the problem of daylight saving time. Also changed the scheme of work mode passive transmission — source IP server data source is associated with the same address as the control connection.
FileZilla can be easily installed from the Software Manager. Or download the installation files from the developer's site https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1
Or just type in terminal this command:
sudo apt-get install filezilla