This article will talk about the private cloud data store that praised Edward Snowden, because it uses a Protocol is Zero-knowledge for data encryption. The information is transmitted to the server is encrypted and the password is never given, except when the user interacts with the web interface. Can also synchronize files and folders on multiple devices simultaneously and automatically eliminate duplicate files.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
SpiderOak is software that allows you to backup, store data in the cloud, and share with links to data.
Feature is, without installing SpiderOak program on the computer to use the service is not possible. Encryption occurs on the client side of the program and only then transmitted to the server. SpiderOak uses a layered approach to encryption, using a combination of 2048 bit RSA and 256-bit AES.
- Save space in storage and time file upload with deduplication and amending existing in the repository file (instead of overwriting the whole file).
- Configurable multi-platform synchronization. DropBox to sync creates a special folder into which it should place all files to be synced. SpiderOak can work with any directory.
- Preserve all historical versions of files and deleted files
- Sharing folders with the help of so-called ShareRooms which sets the password. The updated files on the local computer is automatically updated in the repository. Users are notified of changes via RSS.
- Receive files from any Internet-connected device
- Full data encryption on the principle of "zero knowledge".
- Supports unlimited number of devices.
SpiderOak supports most operating systems:
It is also worth noting that only 2GB is free and only for 60 days.
Let's look at the client itself. Main window:
On the View tab you can see the synchronized information of your computer.
And the tab Back up, you can configure data backup:
In principle, the application is simple, nothing complicated. In your home directory there is a directory:
Moved the files that you want to synchronize, the synchronization information can be found on the View tab in the program.
In addition, in a hanging tray icon, you can quickly move to the web version or the programs tab:
You can also share files on the View tab select the file and click "www" and get the link to the file:
Installation latest version into Linux Mint 13/14/15/16/17/17.1/17.2:
To install SpiderOak on Linux Mint, go to the official site and download the deb package matches the architecture of your OS:
Then install the deb package, just double-clicking on it.
Remove from Linux Mint:
sudo apt-get remove spideroak