Electrolysis - speed up firefox in 7 timesInternet
In Firefox 48 there was a regime of Electrolysis, which allows you to work with each tab as a separate process. This significantly increases the security of the network operation and leads to faster rendering of pages up to 700%. At the time of this writing, the default mode is off.
On assurances of developers Mozilla Firefox, activation Electrolysis will speed up the rendering of web pages due to more efficient use of multicore processors. Previously, each tab is treated in the same process in different threads - only 1 core used, now the load will be distributed more evenly and the tabs are processed in parallel.
Users have confirmed that the acceleration Firefox after manipulation done noticeable to the naked eye, even without synthetic benchmarks. In addition to speed, users report that the pages began to draw and scroll more smoothly.
How to enable?
1. Update Firefox, if you have it for some reason is not configured for automatic updates.
2. Make sure you have Firefox version 48 or higher (Menu → help → About Firefox).
3. In the address bar enter about:config.
4. In the search bar type browser.tabs.remote.autostart and change the value from false to true (double click).
5. In the search bar type extensions.e10sBlockedByAddons and change the value from true to false (double-click).
6. In the search bar type extensions.e10sBlocksEnabling and change the value from true to false (double-click).
7. Restart Firefox.