Not so long ago I wrote about browser game HEROES ONLINE.
The game is great, but there was one problem. The game was very slow and twitching. Began to look for information, why is it so and not otherwise. It turned out that the developers of Chrome is set by default turned off hardware acceleration with flash. This means that flash does not employ the resources of the video card.
Fortunately, such injustice easy to fix.
To check whether your browser Chrome/Chromium hardware acceleration, open a new tab, type "chrome://gpu" (without the quotes) and see the "Graphics Feature Status" - all (or at least almost all) should say "hardware accelerated".
If not, follow these steps:
1. open a new tab, type "chrome://flags" (without the quotes), locate the "Override software rendering list", enable it and restart Chrome/Chromium
2. open a new tab, type "chrome://gpu" (without the quotes), check to see if it's "hardware accelerated".
- you should now have access to new opportunities 3D overview of Google Earth on Google Maps (find the icon "Earth" in the lower right corner of the Google Maps Preview)
- see the full screen video at 1080p YouTube HTML5 and Flash
- And of course, no problems playing in your favorite browser games