Day Planner is the most simple, not overloaded with control elements of the user interface and minimum settings. The app makes it easy to plan and manage time (reminding you of appointments, birthdays, etc.).Day Planner supports creating, editing and deleting events, for the created events you can set the priority: normal, by days and days of birth, with reference to the date and time, repetition setting (day, week, month and year), you can set the end date of repetition and/or the start date of repetition, each event can add a description.
To extend the functionality of Day Planner you can use plugins, the application comes with a plugin integration with the notification area (system tray) and the plugin synchronization server.
Day Planner supports importing linux mint calendar data from several applications of similar purpose (Evolution, Gnome Calendar, KOrganizer, Orange, Plan, etc.). you can export data to an ICS file format (*.ics) and in a set of XTML documents (by dates), control is carried out by using the mouse and/or keyboard shortcuts.
Key features include:
- Simplicity: Day Planner strives to make the interface as simple and uncluttered as possible while keeping the features as simple to use as possible.
- Intuitivity: Day Planner follows the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines
- Stability: Day Planner releases are always well tested and we strive to make it as bug-free as possible.
- Standards compliance: Day Planner uses the industry standard iCalendar format (RFC 2445), allowing easy exchange of calendar data.
- Synchronization: Day Planner includes its own synchronization server, which allows you to easily synchronize a Day Planner in multiple locations, for instance home and office.
- Internationalization: Day Planner is available in different languages, with more coming and comes with holiday information for countries.
- Free: Day Planner is free software which means that it is free for anyone to use, share, copy and modify. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3.