Valentina is an open source pattern drafting software tool, designed to be the foundation of a new stack of open source tools to remake the garment industry.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
Small-batch and custom-sized clothing manufacturing is essential to create a sustainable future, preserve small- to medium-sized textile spinning and weaving manufacturers, enable independent and small designers and manufacturers to scale up to make a decent living, rebuild local garment districts, and reduce or eliminate slave labor.
- The use of two types of measurements: standard and customized.
- The construction of simple drawings without the possibility of complex manipulations.
- Automatic generation of layouts.
- The job of the lengths of using formulas.
- Automatic translation of the names of the standards on the language of the user interface.
- Export layouts to pdf, svg, png, ps, eps.
Installation into Linux Mint 17/17.1:Linux terminal: ~$
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dismine/valentina sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install valentina[/code]
To install in Linux Mint 13/14/15/16 may need to add additional repositories with Qt5:Linux terminal: ~$
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dismine/valentina sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/