As we know, the Linux Mint developers are working on the release of Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" Cinnamon and MATE based on a batch basis Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. In fact as you update the base packages and especially desktop environment Cinnamon (2.6.x) and MATE (1.10) in Linux Mint 17.
The final version of Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela", on assurances of developers, is due out at the end of this month, but want to "feel" the new system can do the upgrade from Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" to Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela", without waiting for the official release right now several commands in the terminal.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
Update Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" to Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela"
Note. Upgrading from Linux Mint 17.1 "Rebecca" to Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" is valid for all officially released desktop environments Linux Mint: Cinnamon, Mate, KDE and XFCE. I managed to successfully upgrade the Cinnamon and Mate. Other environments have not tried.
1. Need to bring your system up to date with the following commands:
apt update apt upgrade
2. For distribution updates you must change the code name of the repository on rafaela with the following commands:
sudo sed -i 's/rebecca/rafaela/' /etc/apt/sources.list sudo sed -i 's/rebecca/rafaela/' /etc/apt/sources.list.d/official-package-repositories.list
3. These commands will update the system files and do the distribution upgrade:
apt update apt upgrade sudo apt-get -f install apt dist-upgrade sudo apt-get -f install
4. After all the updates, restart the computer:
5. Install the latest recommended kernel
6. After a new login can check the version of the distribution with the following command in the terminal:
Or in other graphics applications distribution
That's it. I note as well that the best thing for you is to wait for the official update.