AltYo - full-featured and easy drop-down terminalSection: Tools | Actuality: Unspecified
AltYo - easy Vala/GTK (GTK 3) fully functional drop-down terminal emulator based on the VTE terminal emulator (Virtual Terminal Emulator). The application is under active development. Project author - Denis Konstantinov.
AltYo has many settings and a standard set of features typical for most terminal emulators.
AltYo can work as the mode drop (drop-down) and normal (windowed) mode, using hot keys.
AltYo allows you to open unlimited number of tabs (even with long names), when the lack of space tabs can be placed in several rows. Tab insist upon and fully support drag and drop.
- Opens on top of all Windows
- Accessible by hotkey
- Support headers terminal
- Button with headers is not limited by the width of the screen, if not fit, then move on to the next line
- The order of the terminals can be changed by dragging it to the desired position with the mouse
- Appearance is configurable via the Gtk style CSS
All hotkeys reconfigured.
Almost all settings in the configuration file
- There is a search in the terminal
- Saved sessions (remembers running commands)
- Multi-threading support.
- Ability to auto-sort bookmarks by its host name, the feature is disabled by default
- The ability to quickly switch to the first 20 tabs (double press alt+1 switch to 11 tab)
Installation into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:linvinus/altyo sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install altyo