There is a perception that Linux is an operating system that requires the user much more skills and knowledge than different versions of Windows. But in return provides more opportunities for those who use a computer for work purposes and not entertainment. To argue on this topic - endlessly. But even Microsoft is trying to make their apps cross-platform. And if You liked to work in Visual Studio under Windows, and then switched to Linux, then there is good news – Your favorite instrument available. So, what is a Visual Studio Code and how to install it on one of the most popular Linux distributions?
The basis for the application was the idea of open source and modern web technologies (Chromium framework Github's Electron and the Monaco editor from Microsoft). Like its predecessor, it's not an integrated development environment, but a tool for code editing. But this software has its advantages:
• Full color and syntax highlighting, which significantly simplifies the process of "picking" in the code (especially someone else's).
• Snap to the keys (in addition to the standard macros you can bind certain actions for themselves).
• Integrate GitHub (which is very similar to integration in Chrome Dev from Google).
• A variety of helper functions to speed dial (auto-completion, correction of typos, etc.). Another big plus, especially in combination with full code highlighting.
• With the Visual Studio Code You will be able to use about 30 programming languages, among them C #, C ++, PHP, Java, HTML, CSS, and Python.
• Above is only the beginning. Now continue work on the program, so try it now, You'll even be able to communicate their wishes and concerns to developers.
I am glad that everything is already available for download in preview mode. Of course, not exclude the occurrence of bugs and problems in the process, but in large projects without it anywhere. This option is not supplied as an installer and a folder that has everything you need. Download link:
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
1. Download DEB package
2. Install and use