Kodi is designed to be the perfect companion for your HTPC (abbreviation: Home Theatre Personal Computer), a personal computer, equipped with software and in some cases hardware, allowing to use it as a computer for home theater. Supporting an almost endless number of different remote controls and is equipped with a beautiful interface and powerful mechanism to change skins, Kodi very easy to manage from the couch and is the ideal solution for your home cinema. Install this program on your PC will turn it into a fully functional multimedia device.
- Kodi can play all your music including AAC, MP3, FLAC, OGG, WAV and WMA formats. It has cue sheet, tagging support, MusicBrainz integration, and smart playlists for ultimate control of your music collection.
- Kodi can do movies too! Supporting all the main video formats and sources, including streamable online media, ISOs, 3D, H.264, HEVC, WEBM. Kodi can import these movies with full posters, fanart, disc-art, actor information, trailers, video extras, and more.
- The TV shows library supports episode and season views with posters or banners, watched tags, show descriptions and actors. Video nodes/tags and smart playlists can further organize your library for special interests, making specific screens for sci-fi, anime, etc.
- Import pictures into a library and browse the different views, start a slideshow, sort or filter them all using your remote control.
- Kodi allows you to watch and record live TV all from the GUI interface. It works with a number of popular backends including MediaPortal, MythTV, NextPVR, Tvheadend, VDR, Windows Media Center, and more.
- Take Kodi to a whole new level with the vast selection of community created add-ons that are available though our repositories. There are add-ons for videos, music, changing Kodi’s behavior, popular web services, adding more artwork, controlling your lights, and much much more. See which ones are currently available: Add-ons
- Kodi allows you to completely change the whole GUI. Thanks to the highly customizable skinning engine you are able to change every aspect of Kodi. Choose from dozens of community created skins, each with their own set of options, or create your own dream UI. See which ones are currently available: Skins
- With UPnP compatibility you can stream to and from any other Kodi instances and play to other UPnP compatible devices in your home with ease. Have one UPnP master device and use other Kodi instances as clients which automatic keeps you watched status and library up-to-date. You can also now import from uPnp sources to synchronize your data inside instances of Kodi.
- Interact with Kodi using its JSON-RPC based remote interface. This brings loads of possibilities for remote controls, web browsers and 3rd party tools to take Kodi to the next level.
Installation into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kodi sudo apt-get install --install-suggests kodi
Remove from Linux Mint:
sudo apt-get remove kodi
Edited by: Shekin - 1-11-2016, 16:12
Reason: New information added