OpenShot can take your videos, photos, and music files and help you create the film you have always dreamed of. Easily add sub-titles, transitions, and effects, and then export your film to DVD, YouTube, Vimeo, Xbox 360, and many other common formats.
Sorry for the spelling and phonetic errors in the text.
Owner and main writer of MintGuide.org is not a native English speaker.
- Support for many video, audio, and image formats (based on FFmpeg )
- Gnome integration (drag and drop support)
- Unlimited tracks / layers
- Clip resizing, scaling, trimming, snapping, and cutting
- Video transitions with real-time previews
- Compositing, image overlays, watermarks
- Title templates, title creation, sub-titles
- 3D Animated Titles
- SVG friendly, to create and include vector titles and credits
- Scrolling motion picture credits
- Solid color clips (including alpha compositing )
- Support for Rotoscoping / Image sequences
- Advanced Timeline (including Drag & drop, scrolling, panning, zooming, and snapping)
- Frame stepping (key-mappings: J, K, and L keys)
- Video encoding (based on FFmpeg )
- Key Frame animation
- Digital zooming of video clips
- Speed changes on clips (slow motion etc)
- Custom transition lumas and masks
- Audio mixing and editing
- Presets for key frame animations and layout
- Ken Burns effect (artistic panning over an image)
- Digital video effects , including brightness, gamma, hue, greyscale, chroma key (bluescreen / greenscreen) , and over 20 other video effects
- OpenShot provides extensive editing and compositing features, and has been designed as a practical tool for working with high-definition video including HDV and AVCHD.
Installation into Linux Mint:
sudo apt-get install openshot
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openshot-qt
Installation latest BETA version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openshot.developers/libopenshot-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openshot-qt