This Qt Linux camera software application provides easier user interface for capturing and viewing video from devices supported by Linux UVC driver. It would also work with any V4L2 compatible device.You can connect up to six USB web cameras, web cameras e-CON advanced settings are available.
QtCAM provides the ability to set the resolution and set the image quality (brightness, contrast, etc). The captured video can be saved as images in graphic formats RAW, JPG, PNG and BMP files (in the specified directory and the specified file name) and as YUV, MJPEG, H264, VP8 video in MKV or AVI container.
Work QtCAM based on the capabilities of FFmpeg (set of libraries and command-line utility that allows you to record, convert and stream digital audio and video in various formats), control is via mouse and/or keyboard shortcuts.
Qt Camera Features:
- Image Quality Settings – Users can adjust brightness, contrast and camera supported UVC controls.
- Still Capture Settings – Users can select image type (JPG, PNG, RAW, BMP) and the location to save the image.
- Video Capture Settings – Users can change the preview based on the selected format and resolution. Allow users to view number of frames played and get FPS information.
- Supported Image types: JPG, PNG, RAW, BMP.
- Supported encoder formats: YUV, MJPEG, H264, VP8.
- Supported containers: mkv, avi.
- Extension settings available for selected e-con cameras.
- The key differentiators of this Linux camera application are – it has 10+ image control settings, frame rate (FPS) display, colour space switching and extension settings for select cameras.
Installation latest version into Linux Mint 18.1:
May the Force be with you,