The program works with different formats like audio and video, there is a possibility to adjust the time of transition between clips, if desired, you can use the cropping tool video, supports video preview, you can apply different filters to the video to create presets and so on.
ffDiaporama is an application for creating video sequences consisting of
- titles, fixed or animated.
- images or photos, fixed or animated.
- movie clips
These sequences are assembled into a slide show by means of transitions to produce complete videos
The following options are available:
- Reframing of images and photos
- Cutting of video clips
- Adding text, notes to images, photos, sequences and animations
- Graphical filters on the images and the videos (conversion into black and white, dust removal, equalization of colors, etc.)
- Creation of animation by zoom, rotation or Ken Burns Effect on images or photos
- Correction of the images and the videos during animations (luminosity, contrast, gamma, colors, etc.)
- Transitions between sequences with definition of the transition type, sequence by sequence.
- Addition of a background sound (wav, mp3 or ogg) with customizable effects for volume, fade in/out and passage in pause, sequence by sequence.
- Generation of videos usable on most current video equipment (DVD player/smartphone, multimedia box, hard drive, etc.) but also publishable on the main video-sharing Websites (YouTube, Dailymotion, etc.)
- Video formats from QVGA (320×240) to Full HD (1920×1080) by way of the DVD and HD 720 formats.
- Image geometry (aspect ratio) : 4:3, 16:9 or 2.35:1 (cinema)
- Possible formats for rendering : avi, mpg, mp4, webm, mkv
Installation into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ffdiaporamateam/stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install ffdiaporama
sudo apt-get install ffdiaporama-texturemate
This extension adds a library of hundreds of free textures used for the background of slides and blocks of text.
All resources placed in ffDiaporama-texturemate taken from the site http://www.texturemate.com/ and converted for use in ffDiaporama.
sudo apt-get install ffdiaporama-openclipart
This extension allows you to use the database openclipart (version 0.18) in ffDiaporama.
The database contains over 13,000 free clipart in .svg format (vector graphics).
These cliparts are available in ffDiaporama from point "clipart" multimedia file Manager.
Remove from Linux Mint:
sudo apt-get remove ffdiaporama ffdiaporama-texturemate ffdiaporama-openclipart