Using HandBrake is constructed in a standard way. You choose the source, set the parameters convert video (video, audio, subtitles) and start the conversion process. You can put the files in the queue. The interface does not cause any difficulties.
Supported input formats
In addition to all video formats that can be decoded using libavformat, video Converter Handbrake supports Blu-ray or DVD source video data: VIDEO_TS directory, DVD image or real DVD, and .VOB .m2ts, and .TS files. Without pre-installed VLC, Handbrake only works with unencrypted video files or already decrypted third-party software.
Supported output formats
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8 and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC and MP3 tracks
The main features include
- cropping and scaling videoTitle / Chapter selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
The program is available to predefined settings for Android, Windows phone 8, iPod, iPhone, iPad and other devices.
Installation latest version into Linux Mint:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stebbins/handbrake-releases sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install handbrake-gtk
Must have, Good Luck!!!