- Lossless cutting of common video and audio formats
- Lossless re-merge of selected segments (for cutting out commercials etc.)
- Lossless merge of arbitrary files (with identical codecs)
- Lossless extracting of all data streams from a file (video, audio, subtitle, ++)
- Take full-resolution snapshots from videos in JPEG/PNG format
- Manual input range of cutpoints
- Can include more than 2 streams or remove audio track (optional)
- Apply a timecode offset
- Change rotation/orientation metadata in videos. Great for rotating phone videos that come out the wrong way without actually re-encoding the video.
- Installing / running
interface is based on Chromium libraries, uses HTML5 player to play video (as well as audio), uses FFmpeg capabilities to cut video/audio files (a set of libraries and a command line utility that allows you to record, convert and transfer digital audio and video in various formats). Work in window and full-screen mode is supported, settings are saved in the file:~/.config/lossless-cut/Preferences
LosslessCut works fast because it does not transcode or decode video/audio, which is especially useful when working with large files and if necessary, cut video/audio without loss of quality. You can add a video / audio file from the menu or by dragging and dropping (Drag & Drop / Drag and drop), supports MP4, MOV, WebM, MKV, OGG, WAV, MP3, AAC, H264, Theora, VP8, VP9, etc.
Cropping in LosslessCut is done in three steps, you need to set the beginning and end of the fragment, and then export it.
If the directory for the exported fragment is not specified, it will be saved in the directory with the original file under a different name (the original file remains unchanged in any case).
Supported creation of screenshots in JPEG format. Control is possible with the mouse and/or keyboard shortcuts.Run latest version on Linux Mint
a zip file with LosslessCut can from official program website
Extract the zip file to any folder you want. Then go to the unzipped folder LosslessCut-Linux and click on the launch icon LosslessCut:
May the Force be with you,